Storm over Bruny
Storm clouds over Simpsons Bay from Trugannini Lookout, The Neck, Bruny Island, Southern Tasmania. Bruny Island was named after the French explorer Bruni d'Entrecasteaux who visited in 1792. Bruny has a history of visits by early maritime explorers. Abel Tasman tried to land here in 1642 and Tobias Furneaux was the forst European to land from the "adventure" in 1773. James Cook stopped off in 1777 while Matthew Flinders and William Bligh also visited.